Are you looking to make a difference? Do you enjoy thinking outside the box?
We’re seeking a skilled and proficient human resources coordinator to lead and support all HR functions for DAC Studio.
The successful candidate for this position will oversee all HR functions and work closely with other departments to implement best practices across the team. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work well on a team.
ABOUT DAC STUDIO
Founded in Oakville, Ontario, DAC studio is a leading Canadian non-profit initiative creating higher-level opportunities for the Black African community as they develop language and tech skills that can improve their life in Canada and beyond.
The purpose of this studio is to offer African people and those who are language deficient (English or French) the to come together and design and/or develop their missions. We strive to make each project as great as it can be and build relationships with clients who care just as much as we do. We work with marketing agencies as well as directly with brands and businesses to deliver exceptional videos.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
- DAC Studio is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced.
- Flexible, hybrid work environment. We embrace remote, collaborative work on the Zoom platform.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our team through learning and development.
- Regular social events to foster teamwork and have fun together.
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for providing support in all areas of the Human Resources function for the Company.
- Oversee all HR functions, including performance management, employee benefits, job descriptions, policy development, professional development, training/development, and recruitment.
- Support, advise, and coach leaders within the organization by local legislation and company policy.
- Works with business leaders to understand resources and skill needs and obtain approvals for backfills, new positions, etc.
- Execute full cycle recruitment (managing posting, vetting candidates, interviewing, presenting offers, orienting, completing background checks, etc.) to ensure staff complements program requirements.
- Provide support for employee orientation, onboarding, and off-boarding processes including new hire employment documents, payroll coordination, and exit interviews as employees transition into and out of the Company.
- Handle employee exits, including terminations and drafting relevant documentation.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of HR practices and policies and recommend changes to improve processes.
- Handle highly confidential and sensitive information professionally.
- Develop, execute, and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the HR team.
- Draft Company-wide communication regarding HR initiatives.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
IDEAL Candidate Must Have:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant employment legislation.
- Flexible and willing to learn new tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate complex messages.
- Ability to create an atmosphere where employees feel free to express concerns and suggestions.
- Must be able to actively listen, demonstrate empathy, and maintain objectivity.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with DAC Studios, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. This is a full-time position.
Work-from-home 5 days per week
Opportunity for a leadership path as the team expands
Job Type: Fixed-term contract
Contract length: 8 weeks
Salary: $15.50 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Monday to Friday
- Youth between ages 16 – 30
- Canadian Residents (citizens, PR or refugee protection)
- Students currently enrolled in Canadian Universities or Colleges.