Are you looking to make a difference? Do you enjoy thinking outside the box?
We are looking for a high-energy Graphic Designer to bring innovative designs and support our golden mission. You will be responsible for the creative process for our community and our brand.
Founded in Oakville, Ontario, DAC studio is a leading Canadian non-profit initiative creating higher-level opportunities for the Black African community as they develop language and tech skills that can improve their life in Canada and beyond.
The purpose of this studio is to offer African people and those who are language deficient (English or French) the to come together and design and/or develop their missions.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
- DAC Studio is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced.
- Flexible, hybrid work environment. We embrace remote, collaborative work on the Zoom platform.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our team through learning and development.
- Regular social events to foster teamwork and have fun together.
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement.
Job and roles include, but are not limited to:
- Design, update and modify artwork using Adobe Creative Cloud (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Meet with clients or other team members to determine requirements and vision for design elements, which may include multiple strategy meetings.
- Design company logos, letterheads, brochures, presentations, promotional materials, and website elements.
- Create multiple different versions of a similar product and send them through approvals.
- Strategic thinker on illustration, typography, and color scheme to graphically display a concept, given characteristics of a brand in various industries.
- Keep up to date with the latest design trends by attending workshops, and courses, and reading relevant material.
- High-level proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
IDEAL Candidate Must Have:
- Attention to detail to ensure that all client or team specifications are met and free of any errors
- Flexibility to be able to switch between projects or pivot quickly should the requirements of the project change
- Patience to send creative designs through multiple approval processes and often work with several different people to get a job done
- Excellent aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts, and layouts.
- A Team player with great interpersonal skills
- Time management skills to work on multiple projects at once and with various deadlines.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with DAC Studios, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
This is a full-time position.
Work-from-home 5 days per week
Opportunity for a leadership path as the team expands
Job Type: Fixed-term contract
Contract length: 8 weeks
Salary: $15.50 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Monday to Friday
- Youth between ages 16 – 30
- Canadian Residents (citizens, PR or refugee protection)
- Students currently enrolled in Canadian Universities or Colleges.
Interested applicants should send resumes to [email protected] or [email protected]