Are you looking to make a difference? Do you enjoy thinking outside the box?
We are looking for an ambitious Bookkeeper/Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks.
Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the bookkeeper’s/accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be versed in basic accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition.
ABOUT DAC Studios
Founded in Oakville, Ontario, DAC studio is a leading Canadian non-profit initiative creating higher-level opportunities for the Black African community as they develop language and tech skills that can improve their life in Canada and beyond.
The purpose of this studio is to offer African people and those who are language deficient (English or French) the to come together and design and/or develop their missions.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
- DAC Studio is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced.
- Flexible, hybrid work environment. We embrace remote, collaborative work on the Zoom platform.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our team through learning and development.
- Regular social events to foster teamwork and have fun together.
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement.
Job and roles include, but are not limited to:
- Updating accounts payable and performing reconciliations
- Assist with reviewing expenses, payroll records, etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist in the preparation of monthly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
IDEAL Candidate Must Have:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with DAC Studios, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
This is a full-time position.
Work-from-home 5 days per week
Opportunity for a leadership path as the team expands
Job Type: Fixed-term contract
Contract length: 8 weeks
Salary: $15.50 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Monday to Friday
- Youth between ages 16 – 30
- Canadian Residents (citizens, PR or refugee protection)
- Students currently enrolled in Canadian Universities or Colleges.
Interested applicants should send resumes to [email protected], or