Are you looking to make a difference? Do you enjoy thinking outside the box?
We’re seeking a skilled and proficient 3D model artist to bring creativity to video production for DAC Studio. This is not a training position; you will be expected to start pro-level in these skills. This is a motion graphics position, not a traditional/hand-drawn illustration.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for creating 3d animations for our products and will work closely with other departments to implement the animations. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work well on a team.
ABOUT DAC STUDIO
Founded in Oakville, Ontario, DAC studio is a leading Canadian non-profit initiative creating higher-level opportunities for the Black African community as they develop language and tech skills that can improve their life in Canada and beyond.
The purpose of this studio is to offer African people and those who are language deficient (English or French) the to come together and design and/or develop their missions. We strive to make each project as great as it can be and build relationships with clients who care just as much as we do. We work with marketing agencies as well as directly with brands and businesses to deliver exceptional videos.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
- DAC Studio is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced.
- Flexible, hybrid work environment. We embrace remote, collaborative work on the Zoom platform.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our team through learning and development.
- Regular social events to foster teamwork and have fun together.
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement.
- Create amazing 3D model assets for animations
- Design with an eye for motion, bringing creativity and modern trends to frames
- Professional communication with clients about feedback, timelines, and revisions
- Able to work quickly, independently, and still deliver great work
- 2D Animation skills are a huge plus
- We’re a non-profit organization – while much of your time would be animating, it’d branch a little beyond!
IDEAL Candidate Must Have:
- We’d expect someone with some experience to develop the skillset for this job
- Extremely strong graphic and motion design skills
- Ability to animate with style and emotion
- An eye for detail
- Great communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timeframes concurrently
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite (Premiere, AE, Illustrator) and other relevant software
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with DAC Studios, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
This is a full-time position.
Work-from-home 5 days per week
Opportunity for a leadership path as the team expands
Job Type: Fixed-term contract
Contract length: 8 weeks
Salary: $15.50 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Monday to Friday
- Youth between ages 16 – 30
- Canadian Residents (citizens, PR or refugee protection)
- Students currently enrolled in Canadian Universities or Colleges.