Are you looking to make a difference? Do you enjoy thinking outside the box?
We are looking for a Multimedia Video illustrator who creates and executes high-quality, cutting-edge infographics, illustrations, and marketing materials to support and elevate the DAC Studio brand and strategic goals for multimedia channels. As brand ambassadors, they will collaborate, inform, and guide the DAC Studio community on the best way to promote DAC Studio as a global leader.
ABOUT DAC Studios
Founded in Oakville, Ontario, DAC studio is a leading Canadian non-profit initiative creating higher-level opportunities for the Black African community as they develop language and tech skills that can improve their life in Canada and beyond.
The purpose of this studio is to offer African people and those who are language deficient (English or French) the to come together and design and/or develop their missions.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
- DAC Studio is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced.
- Flexible, hybrid work environment. We embrace remote, collaborative work on the Zoom platform.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our team through learning and development.
- Regular social events to foster teamwork and have fun together.
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement.
Job and roles include, but are not limited to:
- Produces original, creative solutions in line with the marketing strategy and design guidelines.
- Provide end-to-end design and development of multimedia pieces for web, video, advertising, and presentations.
- Develop creative materials for promotions, new projects, and media initiatives to ensure excellence and consistency in all digital communications’ design and visual identity.
- Work with web developers to ensure implementation matches the visual design.
- Keep up to date on software, web technology, social media, electronic pre-press, and digital media to prepare clear and cost-effective solutions.
- Continually identify opportunities to create added value and be proactive with innovative ideas and creative solutions.
- Explore various conceptual approaches/solutions to meet requirements as outlined in the project plans and stakeholder requests.
- Liaise with the digital team to ensure design solutions meet digital best practices, and accessibility standards (AODA).
IDEAL Candidate Must Have:
- Collaborates easily and often, and displays good judgment, maturity, and enthusiasm.
- Experience in digital communications design and technology.
- Experience in accessibility requirements (AODA).
- Ability to identify emerging design trends, and how they can be integrated with print and digital visual
- communication campaigns.
- Strong organizational skills coupled with the ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and excel
- in a fast-paced environment characterized by changing priorities.
- Intermediate level: Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with DAC Studios, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
This is a full-time position.
Work-from-home 5 days per week
Opportunity for a leadership path as the team expands
Job Type: Fixed-term contract
Contract length: 8 weeks
Salary: $15.50 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Monday to Friday
- Youth between ages 16 – 30
- Canadian Residents (citizens, PR or refugee protection)
- Students currently enrolled in Canadian Universities or Colleges.
Interested applicants should send resumes to [email protected], or